- Brush is any type of woody material that could be ground into wood mulch. Brush includes limbs, branches, sticks, twigs, and small amounts of shrub trimmings.
- Remove all wire and nails.
- Do not include any stumps or root balls.
- Large amounts of materials cleared from lots or undeveloped property, or fence rows WILL NOT be collected but can be brought to the lagoons behind the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Please have brush and limbs waste out no sooner than the last day of each month.
- Brush and limbs waste should not be left out on the median between collection dates.
- The amount of brush and tree limb waste that has been placed out citywide dictates how quickly your area will be reached.
- Pick-ups may take a few days, but each area of the City is typically completed by Friday of the scheduled week.
- Major storms may delay the pickup schedule.
The following procedures must be followed to ensure the collection of your brush and tree limb waste:
- Brush and tree limb waste must be at the curb for collection no later than 7:00 a.m. on the first day on the month.
- Please have brush and tree limb waste out no sooner than the weekend before your scheduled pickup.
- Brush and limbs should be placed in the median, between the sidewalk and the curb, and will not be collected from alleys or vacant lots. If the sidewalk and the curb are contiguous, with no median, brush should be placed on the lawn adjacent to the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk place brush adjacent to the street.
- Stack brush in one large pile away from mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, and parked vehicles.
- Brush/limbs must not be tied, bundled, in containers, bagged, or in the street.
- Brush piles may not contain any rocks, dirt, lumber, firewood, household trash, or foreign objects.
- Program is for residentially-generated brush only, not major renewal of undeveloped lots and fence rows.
- If your brush was out at 7:00 a.m. on the first working day of the month and not collected by the end of the workday, please notify the Butler Street Department (260-868-5200).
- For missed collection calls received after the first week of the month, collection will be handled during the next monthly collection.
- Crews may also collect limbs and brush after a major storm and wind event.
Brush and Limb Waste Drop-off
- City residents are reminded that they may bring larger quantities of brush and tree limbs waste to the disposal site at the Wastewater treatment Plant between 7 am to 11 am and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
- City residents must first sign in and get a key from the Plant Operator. Residents will be directed to the drop-off location, and must then lock the gate upon leaving and return the key to the office.
- The Wastewater Treatment Plant is closed on weekends, all holidays observed by the City of Butler.
- Only brush and tree limb waste conforming to the same specifications as that which is collected by City crews is allowed.
- No household items, trash, lumber, rocks, dirt, firewood, concrete, or foreign objects.